Autism Awareness

Monday, August 15, 2005

The Seattle Times: Autistic teens get help honing their social skills

The Seattle Times: Local News: Autistic teens get help honing their social skills

What was I just saying? Wow, this is a terrific program that I hope attracts some attention. This is a perfect example of what I was referring to in my last post; the thimerosal debate brings the spotlight to our cause, and we need to shine that spotlight on programs such as these.

Alot of resources have been put into early intervention and with good cause, but we also need to be focusing on the long term growth of these children. I don't want to get into a long debate about what the best methods are, you know your child better than anyone and your instinct will usually be your best guide. But when it comes to treatment for adolescence, it seems pretty clear to me that some sort of program to enhance social interaction is what we need. Kudos to the Autism Center!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home